Saturday 7 November 2020

More autumn leaves - made from paper and cardboard

I recently bought a new Sizzix Bigz dies called Tattered Leaves.  I noticed that my seasonal tree was looking a bit sparse, so  decided some extra mixed media leaves would be just the thing.  I cut them out of greyboard which was recycled from a posting envelope.  I decorated them with book pages, kraft card, inking around the edges with red or orange pigment ink and a bit of gold gilding polish for a touch of richness.  On one, (top right in the photo), I covered kraft card with gilding flakes. 
I used a leaf vein embossing folder to give the backs some interest and the inking and gilding wax too.  I am really pleased with how they turned out and they have livened up the seasonal tree.
They go well with the felt leaves I made, using my own felt, a few years ago.  You can also see the November ATC in the middle of the tree. 

10 comments:

  1. As a confirmed tree hugger I LOVE your leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. They were a joy to make and they have made the seasonal tree look so much better.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. They are so lovely! I have some knitted leaves on my seasonal tree, I had not thought of making them with any other materials. You have got me thinking now.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. It was my husband's idea to make these and I think they look really good with the other seasonal decorations. If you don't have any dies, there are lots of leaf patterns on the internet, or you could use a real leaf for inspiration.
      I look forward to seeing what you make.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Those are rather gorgeous. They would make lovely gift tags. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I hadn't thought of that, but yes, they absolutely would, though there wouldn't be a huge amount of room for writing. 'To' and 'from' would fit on there.
      Great idea!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Beautiful - what a fabulous idea! Thanks for joining us at CountryView Crafts and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel. This was a really enjoyable project and was a great way of adding to my seasonal decorations.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. Such a thoughtful idea and they look great on your seasonal tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. They worked well and I an use them every year.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete