Sunday 1 November 2020

Artists' Trading Card (ATC) - November

Here is the penultimate card in my monthly ATC project.  It is again a little more literal, with a simple stencilled background to suggest the breezes and tumbling leaves.  The gemstones I have chosen also reflect the more muted colours of autumn, with oranges and browns.  They are red agate, golden rutile quartz, Tiger's eye, grey moonstone, black rutile quartz (x3) and smoky quartz.  The gemstone of the month is topaz or citrine and I have gone for citrine.
I stamped the leaves, painted them with gouache then cut them out, stuck them on and applied glossy accents to give them a shine (you can just about see it shining on the leaf on the left).
 The back reflects the front, with stencilled leaves this time.  One more left to do and the project is finished.

I am entering this in the Country View Crafts Challenge - 'Anything but a card' - wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. 'simple' it may be. Effective and beautiful it assuredly is.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I completed the design quite early on but then it sat there until last Saturday when I finally finished it! It has been a lovely project over the last year.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Oh this is beautiful Ellie, I think this might just be my favourite of the whole year. I love it, it's stunning. Are you going to do a post with them all in at the end of the year, it would be lovely to see all 12 together x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. Yes, I am going to do a post with them all once December's is done - it will be a nice reminder of the project.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. I don't know much about this craft but I think this card must be one of the best you have made! Lovely leaf relief and the added shine (lacquer)gives it extra depth. Is the quote on the back your own? keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. The quote on the back is from a poem called The Garden Year by Sara Coleridge and is a poem I remember from childhood, which is why I have added it to my ATCs. I have really enjoyed making these cards each month.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Love the gemstones pendant! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Craftyfield. I have really enjoyed this year long project and it is lovely to be able to incorporate different elements of my various stashes into one thing.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. Wonderful autumn ATC!!! Because of the swirl stencil, I can feel the wind is blowing and the leaves are falling!!! Beautiful gemstones too!!! Thank you for joining the November challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monika. I have really enjoyed making the ATCs and using my gemstones to add some extra interest.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete