Tuesday 1 December 2020

Artists' Trading Card (ATC) - December

Here is the final ATC in my monthly project.  I am sad to have finished this project as it has been really enjoyable, but I have my year long mixed media course to look forward to and that starts in January 2021.  I used paint and stencils to give the tree branch effect and then added clear texture paste with glitter added to give the effect of sleet.  I think it has a suitably wintry feel.
The back shows a Christmas star and some presents, to echo the verse, "Chill December brings the sleet, Blazing fire and Christmas treat".  I think after the year we have all been through, a Christmas treat will be very welcome.
The gemstones also echo the wintry tones, with rutile quartz, white moonstone, rainbow moonstone, amazonite, sky blue apatite, tanzanite (also a birthstone for December) and black snowflake obsidian.  The charm is a piece of turquoise.
Here is a photo of all the cards together - not the best quality photo, but you can just about see them all.
Here's the backs of the cards.  It was a lovely project to do and I now have a set of decorations for my seasonal tree which I shall use every year, with great pleasure.
Edited to add:
Amanda asked whether I will display the ATCs and so, for her and any other interested parties, here is how they are displayed.
Here is my seasonal tree with its winter decorations, with the December ATC in the middle.  The tree will get Christmas decorations on it briefly, but will then return to winter.  

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!! Lots of very thoughtful details that all go together so well and do indeed represent that verse. What a lovely collection Ellie! Will you be displaying it anywhere? keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. I have a little seasonal tree in the corner of the sitting room and every month, the ATC goes on there. The other decorations are seasonal rather than monthly, but it all works well. I have just changed the tree to the winter decorations today. I'll add a photo to this post so that you can see it.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Amanda. It was a magazine inspired project which my lovely husband made for me. It featured on here quite often too, win its various seasonal guises.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. I have been loving your ATCs, and am grateful to see them together.
    Your creativity always delights (and awes) me and I am really looking forward to seeing where the New Year and your course takes you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, EC. I have just signed up to a 14 day Advent mixed media prompts mini course so I am hoping I will have some inspiration from that, in amongst Christmas preparations. I am so looking forward to the main course next year and hope you'll all enjoy the journey with me!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Lovely cards - I like the colors.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amalia. It was a really enjoyable project to do over the year.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Gostei do blogue:))
    Já estou seguindo:))

    😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome, Isabel. I hope you will enjoy reading my blog.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. Such an accomplishment, they are all so different and yet you can tell they are created by the same talented artist. My eye seems to go back to the August one, which is very Albertan....does that mean after all this time, I am, you know...??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. This was a really enjoyable project which kept me challenged throughout the year. Yes, you can't deny it now, I think you have turned into a Canadian!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete