Monday 12 July 2021

Index-Card-A-Day (ICAD) challenge 2021 - Week 5

This challenge is rattling along - half way through and counting. It continues until the end of July.  So, above we have (top left) Quilt (made using a die and piecing the shapes back in), Pastel (made using soft pastels through a stencil on a gel plate), bottom right Talavera (a specific pottery from Mexico and Spain - I had to look that up, painted using gouache!) and Vine (using stamps and stencils).
Top left is Feather (stamps and stencils again), then Gingham, with Dahlia (inks and stencils) at the bottom.  I printed the gingham pattern using inks and a square stamp, although I had to look at real gingham to remember how the pattern went.

Onto week six!

6 comments:

  1. Love them all. I once made a patchwork piece very similar to your quilt ICAD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC. That quilting die really came into its own for this challenge! I can't imagine how complicated a real quilt with that pattern must have been. I am sure it was beautiful when it was finished.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
    2. It was a cow to do - and only quite a small piece. It was a sachet to hold dried lavender.

      Delete
    3. I bet you felt proud of yourself once it was finished though!

      Delete
  2. Nice pattern work Ellie ! :) Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. It's great to be able to use some of my stamps, stencils and dies stash. The prompts are continuing to make me think.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete