Sunday 3 October 2021

Wanderlust 2021 - weeks thirty-seven to forty - Haven

Wanderlust 2021 continue to inspire and I continue to enjoy the lesons each week, giving me a creative focus.  The theme was Haven - it turned out to include different kinds of havens, whether places or specisl items.  Week thirty-seven was about an outside space as a haven for me.  We had to sit in the outside space we had chosen and listen to the sounds around us, trying to transfer these into marks and colours.  These pieces were used as the collage in the background.  For the first time, I used leaves and flowers on the gel plate and was delighted by the prints I got.  A fern leaf, some hydrangea flowers and a japanese anemone flower all featured on this page.
Week thirty-eight was about special things around us which can inspire us or which we enjoyed using.  Mine included my paints (and I do love a colour swatch),  a chunky crayon, a paintbrush, a stencil, a fossil stone, my water jar and a foxglove I had been growing indoors before going out in the garden.
Week thirty-nine was all about home, or a place in which we felt secure.  This was all about the layers and stencilling, stamping and doodling.  It took a while to complete, as the layers had to dry.  I do like the end result though.
Week forty was about a mediterranean seascape viewed out of a window.  The teacher is based in Greece, hence all the beautiful blues.  I absolutely loved creating the collage papers and the seascape with a minimum of materials - acrylic paint, an old credit card/hotel card/membership card, a piece of cardboard for printing and a material for printing on the windowsill (I used bubble wrap).  Oh, and some scissors for cutting the shapes.  I think I may well do other versions of this in other colours - perhaps a more muted UK version?

On to the next theme - Movement.

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant, very creative, love the Mediterranean window, amazing the effects you can get using every day objects and materials xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. I so enjoyed that lesson, partly due to the simplicity of the things needed. I really like the end result too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. I so admire you for keeping up with the Wanderlust lessons, Ellie, and doing such a beautiful job to boot! I never did one... as I didn't the year before either. I never did one lesson with Life Book last year either. *haha* So I'm not going to join any for 2022, obviously, but if I want to partake in something like that I'll just go back and do the ones I signed up for before. That's what is so nice about having lifetime access to the lessons. Anyway, kudos to you for keeping up! ~Andrea XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. I really look forward to the lessons each week and usually complete them on a Saturday. However, I don't have children or grandchildren, so don't have that time pressure. It is nice to know that you have lifetime access, so when the inclination and time are right, you can have a go!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Beautiful havens. All of them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. Each lesson is so different - by the end of the course, I will have a really interesting journal to look back on. Then there will be next year's course to start!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Love those Mediterranean colours Ellie. Just what I need with all this UK torrential rain! Looks like you've had some busy, fun sessions stenciling, stamping and doodling. That fern print is really effective isn't it :) Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. The fern, hydrangea and japanese anemone all came out looking wonderful. I love the gel plate beacuase you can do so much with it - I had seen this done before, but hadn't tried it, so this gave me the perfect time to try it out.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. This challenge is really working for you - your creations are wonderful.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks, Amalia. It is such a lovely course and I am enjoying all the different lessons each week very much - even the ones which aren't in my comfort zone!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete