Monday 25 October 2021

Eric and Ernie

After a long time, we ventured out to the local theatre for an evening of laughter courtesy of Eric and Ernie.  Of course, this was a tribute to Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise, but the actors are very skillful and you could almost believe they were the real twosome.  

For people of a certain age, Eric and Ernie conjure up lots of happy memories - the paper bag, the plays 'wot I wrote', the humiliation (in a nice way, if there could be such a thing) of the guest stars, the musical interludes (Mr Preview), the ice cream van, Bring me Sunshine...

We had a good evening.  They were on form and the actor who played Ernie, (I would imagine, much more difficult to get right) really showed that slightly pompous persona that he adopted.  

It was nice to support live theatre again (even if I did wear a mask).  It was even nicer to have a laugh!

6 comments:

  1. How WONDERFUL. I am very, very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. It was lovely to see some live theatre again and having a good laugh was a bonus!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Hello Ellie, how lovely to get out to see live theatre again (it seems like a whole other life time ago for me :0 ) . Glad you had a hoot. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. It was a hoot and was nice to see something at the theatre and support them.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. I so remember them, my Dad liked them a lot. I believe they had a radio show at sometime and as we had no TV when I was a child he would listen to them on the radio. I do remember their show though on the TV because I used to stay with my Gran during the summer holidays and she did have TV! Great memories :-). Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. They were a staple of Christmas in our house when I was younger as my granny loved them. I grew up watching them and laughing along. Great memories indeed!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete