Tuesday 21 June 2022

Index-Card -A-Day (ICAD) Challenge 2022 - Week 2

Week two of the challenge and from the top there is Pictogram; Rubik's Cube and Found (in my case, I made some found poetry from my go-to book, which seems to have just what I need every time, The Trojan Horse by Hammond Innes).  I have been using distress inks, watercolours and acrylic paint this week.
Top left is Rainbow; Cyanotype or Blueprint (I chose to do a faux cyanotype using my gel plate and a fern leaf from the garden); Toy (layered Teddy stamp) and Mood Board (I used scraps from my collage box and was pleased to see all the different blues.)  I really enjoyed the found poetry, the cyanotype and mood board from Week two.  On I go!

8 comments:

  1. These are lovely. I particularly like the fern and the bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I really enjoyed making the fern print and the process worked well on the gel plate. The bear can be a bit tricky to line up sometimes (three layers) but when I get it right, it looks great!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. I too like the fern and bear, but they are all good, great you are enjoying your journey xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. I do enjoy this kind of challenge and it makes me use what I have as well.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. The fern is so pretty, and I love the teddy bear, yes, prettiness and cuteness wins every time for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The fern and teddy bear are certainly the most popular. There's nothign wrong with a bit of prettiness and cuteness, is there?!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. The fern is so effective. Of course I like the teddy too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. The false cyanotype worked beautifully on the gel plate. The gel plate is such a versatile piece of equipment and I really enjoy finding out what it can do. It's also great fun to use!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete