Saturday 12 November 2022

#Printinktober 2022 - week four

The final week of #Printinktober and what an enjoyable challenge it was.  Chris gave me the purple and orange colour scheme for 'Big' above.  It is one of the biggest background stamps I have from Stamps By Me, so worked well for this. 
'Small' was lots of tiny images from Woodware, by Jane Gill, linked together, which reminds me of the TV game show 'Blockbusters'.  People in the UK of a certain age will remember this!
'Pretty' was all these pastels and a stamp set from Altenew called Nature Snippets.
Another Visible Image set for 'Orange' using Erica's Maple.
'Dots' was illustrated by this big stamp from Altenew.  
'Dark' was a bit tricky but as it means absence of light, I went for a clear embossed circle image which would show up when you tipped the page.  The stamp was one from Visible Image again.
'Botanical' was from a couple of sets from Creative Expressions by Sam Poole.  I have used these quite a bit and they have a lovely vintage feel.
'Wood' meant I could dig out my hand carved wooden stamps from Blockwallah.  This one is Birch Tree.  I have collected quite a few of these but they don't get used very often, which is a shame.
'On Black' gave me the chance to use a newish stamp from Indigoblu - William Morris Willow, which was heat embossed with white.
Finally, 'Favourite'. I couldn't really choose a favourite, as I like so many stamps!  However, Tim Holtz's Snarky Cats are one of my favourites.  They have been used quite a bit for my cat loving friends' cards.  I do have one more space to fill so am having a think about what to feature and then these will be bound into a book with a stamped cover, of course!
I will post an update once the book is finished and bound.

10 comments:

  1. Haha, yes, that did remind me of Blockbusters too. The maple leaf is really pretty, and I love Botanical too, but my favourite has to be the cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm with you on the cats - I have three stamp sets featuring them (Snarky Cats, Snarky Cats Hallowe'en and Snarky Cats Christmas) and they are great!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Another fun challenge. I have frequently been owned by snarky cats, and have a deep and abiding love of trees. Dark is intriguing too and made me think of a full moon mostly obscured by clouds (something in the light I think).
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. It was a really fun challenge and made me really think about all the stamps I own - especially some that don't get used that often. 'Dark' took some thinking about but I was pleased with the end result.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Wow! These are all amazing, I would find it hard to choose a favourite, I love them all for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. I found that hard too as I have a lot of stamps!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Stamptastic Ellie! Love the seasonal trees and I would love the top purple and yellow one on a silk headscarf please ;) xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. I was really pleased with the seasonal trees too. I'm not thinking about going into making silk headscarves, but if I ever did, I'd let you know!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. I'm most envious of your creative talents Ellie. My mum used to paint and also use stamps to produce greetings cards but sadly I didn't inherit her artistic genes. Thanks for your excellent suggestion for the id of my mystery foliage. Somebody else suggested nandina too. I already have a couple of nandinas so do like them. Funnily enough though I saw what looked like the same foliage in another Monday vase. After some research I think that my mystery shrub is in fact a leucothoe 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and welcome, Anna. I do enjoy my creative endeavours - they and gardening (and reading and baking) keep me sane through all the trials and tribulations of life!
      It's always good to know the name of a plant so even though my suggestion was wrong, I'm glad it helped a bit!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete