Thursday 18 May 2023

Apple Blossom and other late Spring flowers

The blossom on my little patio apple tree has been lovely this year.  It looks as though I may get a good crop although a lot of the developing fruit will fall in June (the 'June drop').  I will also have to remove some if the branches are pulled down too much by the weight.
Magnolia Fairy Blush has been lovely again this year, with the delicate lemony fragrance wafting about on a sunny day.  
It was moved to the patio when we had the scaffolding for the roof up and there is no room for it to go back in its original place now as we have a log store in that space.  I will have to re-jig the patio a bit to fit things in and still allow us space to sit!
The Camassia Blue Candle  have also been lovely.  I now have two big pots of them and will have to spread them into more pots in the autumn.  
However, I think I may try a few in the shady border, where the moisture is a bit more reliable, as they don't like being in pots for too long, as flowering may diminish.
I have three new Camassia plants which I didn't think were going to flower this year but two of them have buds.  They are Camassia Silk River and have lime green buds and a white flower.  I shall be watching them with interest and will post a photo in due course!

4 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. And really lovely to see as our flowering plants diminish. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. Alliums, Astrantias and Aquilegia are also on their way and then it will be roses! I am looking forward to the next month in the garden.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Apple blossom is such a delight x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. It is lovely and I hope I'll get some nice apples this year.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete