Monday 22 May 2023

Online Art courses

 I enjoy learning new things and art and being creative, so I have recently enrolled in some online art courses.

Photos from Kate Crane's Etsy shop
There is Let's Draw! and...

Photos from Kate Crane's Etsy shop
For The Love Of Circles , both by Kate Crane.  Both of these are reasonably priced and show Kate's love of doodling and whimsical creatures, but also her pattern and watercolour skills.  She designs stamps and stencils for Carabelle Studios.  She is a calm and patient teacher and I am enjoying working my way through the lessons as and when I log in.  I love her style and have enjoyed online classes with her when she was a teacher on Wanderlust, the art journal course I am doing again this year.
I took part in Sketchbook Revival earlier in the year and this showcased many different creators all providing a lesson for a daily sketchbook practice.  I don't always create something every day,  but I try.  There were two artists I was particularly drawn to, so I have signed up for some classes with them.
First is Helen Wells, an abstract artist who is as colourful as her artwork.  She  has a such a positive  attitude, is an enthusiastic teacher and her classes are a joy too.  
Image from Helen Wells' website
I have done Art Journal Joy, where you create a sketchbook, using a black and white collage for inspiration and experimenting with shape, colour and lines.  I have ended up with a book full of pattern and colour, one which I can add to if I would like to and the knowledge that I can make more and more of these books to experiment, enjoy and have fun making.
Image from Helen Wells' website
I am currently working on Objects to abstracts, which is about creating a still life image with objects you like from around the home and then creating abstract paintings from them.
The final course I have enrolled in is another teacher from Sketchbook Revival, Joanne Sharpe. She combines watercolours and lettering. I have signed up to Art Sparks 16, which is a follow on from her Sketchbook Revival lesson. 
Also, Index Card a Day run by Daisy Yellow Art starts on 1st June, where there is a daily prompt (if you want to use it) in order to inspire the creation of an index card sized piece of art every day until the end of July. I have done this for the last three years and it does encourage me to use my art stash.
So, I have plenty going on in my creative life - I love it!

4 comments:

  1. I really, really look forward to your creations. I am an appreciator rather than a creator - and there is a lot to appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, EC. I am so thankful for your continued support and friendship, even though we haven't met in person. You certainly are a creator - look at your amazing, intelligent and moving writing or your beautiful photographs, as just two examples.
      We are all creative in different ways and that is something to be celebrated and enjoyed. I wish there was more focus on creativity in all of its forms in our schools - it is vital to us all.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Well these online courses look a lot more fun than my 'IT platform & network' engineer ones I am currently having to study Ellie! You rae always so busy with an endless amount of creative spirit. I look forward to seeing your new works. Lulu xXx (hmmm, not sure if comments are working today... Monsieur distracted me just as I was trying to send the last one )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. Your comments have come through fine. You're right - your course doesn't sound that interesting, but then I am not an IT and Platform engineer! I do enjoy learning new things but I need to actually get on with some of these courses. It's always nice to have things other than work to think about!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete