Friday 14 July 2023

Clematis

My clematis are enjoying the somewhat changeable weather this month and I love to see them flowering happily.  Above is Clematis Venosa Violacea which is sprawling over the winter flowering honeysuckle.
Clematis Perle D'Azur mingled with Rose New Dawn on the arch.
It's a pretty combination.
Clematis Princess Kate is romping up a tripod. 
Whereas Clematis Prince Charles is attempting to dominate the trellis.
Herbaceous Clematis Arabella is adding the the colour in the north facing border.
Clematis Blue Angel is hidden at the back of the north facing border, but is growing alongside Rose William Shakespeare 2000.
I seem to have a collection of blue/purple clematis now (with the exception of Princess Kate).  In the past, I have had many others with redder flowers, but these are the ones which have stayed with me.  I also have some herbaceous clematis which are just starting to flower, so they will get a mention in a future post. 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful things. Thank you for brightening my predawn morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. They are another another reason to enjoy early summer. They are also good for small gardens as they are vertical growers (or sprawlers!)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome, Hena. I have a small garden but it is packed with plants and it makes me happy (most of the time!)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Such stunning flowers and amazing shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome, Authors with Advice. My camera can take good photos and I am always pleased when it does!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous combination with the clematis & rose. That reminds me I need to water my winter clematis! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. The clematis have enjoyed this summer's weather, even if people haven't! Perle D'Azur is still flowering at the end of August. It gave up in July last year.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete