Thursday 6 July 2023

Index card a Day (ICAD) 2023 - weeks 3 and 4

Here are the next two weeks' of ICAD.  Above, Seaglass; Alphabet; Sunflower and Xylophone. Inks, paint and magazine collage featured here.
Violet; Tranquility and Postage Stamp.
Unexpected and Enchanted Forest.
Inside Unexpected is a surprise...
...and a unicorn is hiding in the Enchanted Forest.  This one took a while as I kept changing the opening sections, cutting bits out, then putting them back.  I used a tree stencil with some inking as well as paper from a paper pad with the starry sky and the unicorn stamp which was embossed in silver. I finished it with lots of stickles (glitter glue).  It got there in the end!
Bubbles; Dictionary (using a piece of dictionary page with the word 'dictionary' circled; Indigo and Pinball.
Finally for now Asanoha, which is a traditional Japanese pattern based on a hemp leaf inside a hexagon. Thanks to the internet for this and for how to draw it too!
Some of these prompts are certainly giving me a challenge but it's an enjoyable one.
 

6 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are enjoying it because I certainly love seeing your creations. Enchanted forest is charming and I also love the sunflower and the face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. You are so kind. It is a fun challenge and I like being able to use some of my stash which doesn't get used so much.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. So much creativity. I LOVE Tranquility and postage stamp!!
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. The prompts certainly keep me on my toes!
      Sometimes the simplest ones work the best.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, love that Japanese pattern. That's a happy sunflower. Lovely mystical, enchanted wood too - great twiggy framework :) xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. Once I got the hang of the Japanese pattern it worked well. The twiggy framework was courtesy of a very nice stencil (The Crafters Workshop - Tree Branches) which I seem to use fairly often.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete