Sunday 23 July 2023

Index Card a Day 2023 (ICAD) - weeks 5,6 and 7

Here's a round up of weeks five, six and seven of ICAD 23.  Above is: Evergreen; Playground; Charcoal (another of my somewhat grumpy charcoal faces); Cottage.
Perspective; Summer and Astronomy (an inked 'galaxy' background).
Week six was Imaginary; Metallic (using an embossing folder and silver card with black acrylic paint brushed on and them wiped off); Zodiac; Levels (another embossing folder)...
...Chandelier; Float or Buoy (using magazine collage); Trivia.
Week seven had Patina (using an embossing folder and acrylic paint dry brushing); Repeat (using one of my hand carved stamps, made from an eraser); Millefleurs; Wabi Sabi (which I chose to interpret using darning)...
...Vermilion; Raindrops and Focus.

Two more weeks to go and the challenge is over for another year.
 

6 comments:

  1. What fun. I love the texture of the embossed ICADs. Galaxy and Cottage both draw my eyes and at least your faces are recognisable as such. Mine are much more like a child's attempt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I have many embossing folders but I often forget to use them. They give card such amazing texture that it doesn't look like card anymore. Cottage was a lovely looking cottage from a magazine. I do enjoy using inks to create those galaxy backgrounds. My faces are improving and I'm sure they will improve further with practise.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. A lovely roundup. I like the embossed ones, I think that technique gives a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I have lots of embossing folders which somehow get forgotten about, but I do really love the effects they give. Sometimes, It's hard to believe it's only paper/card.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Oh those fairies are so sweet Ellie! I used to have a lovely old book full of flower fairies xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. I have very fond memories of flower fairy books - my sisters and I used to choose our favourites from each book.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete