Monday 25 December 2023

Merry Christmas 2023

 

(some of our Christmas decorations)

Merry Christmas to all blog readers and commenters (who celebrate this festive season).

(another Christmas decoration)
As has become my Christmas tradition, here is the quote from one of my favourite Christmas carols, "It came upon the midnight clear", written by Edmund Sears in 1849.

"Yet with the woes of sin and strife

The world has suffered long;

Beneath the angel-strain have rolled

Two thousand years of wrong;

And man, at war with man, hears not 

The love song which they bring;

O hush the noise, ye men of strife,

And hear the angels sing." 

I wish the men of strife would hush and there could be some peace in the world.

(My Christmas cards this year)

To end on a positive, I quote from Desiderata (a 1927 prose poem by Max Ehrmann): 

"...And whatever your labours and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."


(Another Christmas card I made this year)
May I wish you a happy, healthy and peaceful festive season.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful post. Peace and love (which I hope your day is filled to overflowing with) are always worth hoping and striving towards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. It has been a nice stress free day today. I hope you had a good day too. Yes, it is good that despite everything going on in the world, there is still hope for peace and love.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too dear Ellie. Your cards are beautiful 💙🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. Here's to a good 2024.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. A belated merry Yuletide to you Ellie. I hope you had a wonderful time :) Peace xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. Yes, it was a nice break, quite quiet, but good. I hope yours was good too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete