Saturday 24 February 2024

Spring is on the way...but more Winter to come yet...probably

It has been very mild recently and the plants are thinking it is nearly Spring.  The hellebores are still looking beautiful but the camellias have now joined in.  I think this is quite early for them, so I am enjoying their flowers in case the frosts get them.  Above is the flower from the unnamed double variety that my Mum gave me. 
Here is another unnamed variety but I think this is a japonica type.
Here is Camellia St Ewe - I bought this a few years ago and it seems happy at the bottom of the garden, in a west facing position.  
I noticed the three flowers in a row and thought they would make a good photo.
I also have a few narcissus Tete a Tete in flower. I do like these small ones and need to get more!
Finally here is my standard cherry - Kojo-no-mai, with its delicate flowers.  Again, this seems quite early, but is telling us that Spring might not be too far away.
 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooms Ellie :)
    Wow, the cherry blossoms are out already!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. We have just repotted the cherry into a big pot, so I am hoping this isn't the final flowering! We found lots of manky vine weevil larvae in that pot and in the patio apple pot, so I hope the plants are feeling less attacked now. Fingers crossed that they survive and grow.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. These are really beautiful, a great way to start my day and for that, I thank you very much. I hope yours is great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DeniseinVA and welcome. Seeing the garden starting to 'come back to life' is such a cheering sight.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
    2. Thanks again Ellie, and for your visit. Just been out today and it's in the mid 60s. We actually saw someone wearing shorts! Spring is definitely on the way :)

      Delete
    3. Wow, shorts in February! That is very brave.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
    4. A bit too early but he seemed to be enjoying his exercise :) Best wishes to you too and have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, Beautiful, and Beautiful. Love all the flowers, and yippee for spring on the way. Adios Winter.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. They are beautiful flowers and I love to see them. I have a feeling Winter isn't quite over yet but Spring will get here.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete