Wednesday 14 August 2024

Junk Journal July 2024

I took part in Junk Journal July, run by megjournals, where you are given a prompt for every day and then create a page based on that prompt (or not, depending how you feel!).  I made a little journal for this challenge and here are some of my favourite pages.  Above on the left is 'observe'  and on the right is 'scraps', which is what it says!
'Petals' is on the left, using photos of some of my roses and 'aged' is on the right, using old papers, tea-dyed papers and digikit images.  
'Free' is a simple page, using one of my favourite bird stamps and 'Tag' is on the right.  For the tag page, I was playing with some new rather gorgeous stamps from Paper Artsy, designed by Alison Bomber.
'Timeless' is on the left, using some of my hand carved stamps and 'Tip in' (where you add something that folds in or out to a page) on the right, where I used Alice in Wonderland illustrations.
For 'ephemeral' on the left, I used all sorts of tickets, bits of writing, and book pages and for 'tea-dyed', it was tea-dyed copy paper, and bits of tea bag as the background.
Finally, there is 'shine' with texture paste stars and then 'celebrate' with scraps of digikits, and a mushroom print which was done by a friend.  Chris said it looked like a chimney sweep brush!  It was an interesting challenge to work on, which I enjoyed.  

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Obrigada, Isabel. Boa semana para você.
      Muitas felicidades
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Gosh Ellie - how beautiful it turned out. And what a great idea to get a prompt for each page - I think sometimes they do this with stitchery journals too. I just love your work Ellie 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I love all your upcycling and sewing projects too! Creativity in all its forms is so important, isn't it?
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. I love the look of this, so many different ideas created from the prompts. I especially like the tea-dyed pages which give it an aged look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Tea dyeing copy paper is quite a simple process but it makes a huge difference. Once the paper has dried, it feel so much nicer and crackly too!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete