Thursday, 30 July 2026

Another art journal

 I've been working on another little journal as a spin-off from one of the lessons from the art journal course.  It's something I work on every now and again.  

The cover is a 'ghost print' from a gel plate printing session.
This page started as a pastel watercolour background which was decorated with drawn flowers.  The rest of the background was painted with dark blue acrylic paint.
On the right hand page I cut some flaps and added a stamped image.
This page started as a gel print, which was stencilled over, adding paint pen marks and gold squiggles. 
On these pages, there is a collage and a page with a pocket.
Here is the pocket page without the folded paper.  I really enjoyed drawing all the different lines within the circles as it is a very meditative activity.

10 comments:

  1. I like how most of your comments are how each picture was something and now is something else - the beauty of altered art, it moves on and becomes something new :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, kjsutcliffe. It is often good to start with something to get rid of the blank page, but I do enjoy seeing how the pages develop with the different ideas and layers.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Gosh your art journal turned out stunning Ellie .. & yes so great that you have kind of re-purposed other pages & turned them into something else. I love this concept. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I still have a few pages to finish (or at least, work on - an art journal is never really finished!). I have such a lot of bits and pieces from other projects, gel plate prints, 'using up paint' pages etc. that is it good to be able to use them as a starting point, even if a lot of them end up getting covered up!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, I can see how that last design would be meditative, I'm always doodling when I'm on the phone and I find it so calming to draw lines inside shapes. I really like the flowers as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Repetitive lines are one of my favourite things to draw when I am 'slow drawing'. The flowers worked out really well, so that was a bonus. Sometimes, the end result can be very different from what's in your head (but that can be exciting too!)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. I'm always amazing at the many ideas and techniques you use. Well done.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amalia. Most of these ideas were inspired by someone else but I try to make them more 'my own'. I still have some more pages to fill so need to keep going!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. LOVE the last one, the black and white-ish circles. Very interesting. You are always so creative.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. I enjoy drawing repetitive lines as I find it quite meditative.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete