Considering how dry it has been over the last two months, there are some plants that have coped very well. Above in the triple coloured hibiscus, although I think there are only two colours on it now. It is in the sunniest part of the garden and has not been watered at all. Below it is an agapanthus which has flowered really well but which is in a pot, so it has been watered.
Here is the hibiscus again, showing the pink flowers and some of the white ones.
The other hibiscus, Syriacus Oiseau Bleu, in the north facing border, has done very well too, again, no extra water from me. This is one of my favourite plants and often features in my blog. Roses in the borders have done well, with no additional watering but those in pots have needed a weekly and sometime twice-weekly watering to keep going. My ferns in the north border have suffered a lot, despite me adding water bottles near them to try and help. I am not sure they will come back but we shall see.
We have now had some rain and temperatures are a little cooler, for which I am very thankful.
In other news, my cosmos have finally decided to join the party and start flowering. Hopefully they will go on into the Autumn. Above is Cupcakes Blush which is one I haven't grown before.
I'm not quite sure what this one is - but it is pretty.
These are at the front of the house - Candy Stripe, which I think is pretty reliable.
Candy Stripe again...
...and again. I like that the flowers are all slightly different.As all of us need to do, I am thinking about how to adapt what I grow next year. Cosmos Candy Stripe and Cosmos Sulphureus Polidor have both done well considering and I think perhaps I need more verbena bonariensis. I have some white foxgloves seedlings coming along and have three teasel plants growing on.
I have also just ordered some tulips - Finola for the front, Ronaldo and Princess Irene for the back. They should arrive September/October time.
The other thing I need to do is cut down the number of small pots of things I have. Lots to think about and always lots to do!








No comments:
Post a Comment