For those people who expressed an interest in seeing my accordion journal for the Inchie Challenge, (I am looking at you in particular, kjsutcliffe!) here it is.
It is small and unfolds with the pictures on both sides.
You can also keep it 'closed' and turn the pages like a book.
The simplicity of the green circles for Eucalyptus is probably my favourite from this challenge.
Closely followed by this one, where I took the idea of a circle and complicated it with lots of pattern. I do enjoy drawing mandala-style images.





ooooooooooh!!
ReplyDeleteI like!!!!
I have made accordion books (a while ago) but not with mini art and I really like what you have done, I think that I might try playing with paper and paints again - bit difficult at the moment but definitely you have inspired me!
xkate
Thanks, Kate. Mini art is great for when you don't have much time but want to do something creative, or feel too intimidated by a big blank page. They can also build up into a larger piece, which is always fun. How lovely that you are feeling inspired!
DeleteBest wishes
Ellie
That is absolutely beautiful Ellie. So simple yet so stunning. I love ALL the circles. Well done. xx
ReplyDeleteThanks, Julie. Circles are one of my go-to shapes - they appear a lot in my various projects.
DeleteBest wishes
Ellie
That's a wonderful way to display your work and keep the whole project together. I like how it can be stood to be displayed or how it can be held whilst you turn the pages, very versatile.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jo. Accordion journals are easy to make and as you say, can then be used to display the work too. The small size of this one makes it really nice to hold too.
DeleteBest wishes
Ellie
Sooooooo cute and so creative. You always amaze me.
ReplyDeleteSandy's Space
Thanks, Sandy. That's very kind of you to say so. I am always in awe of creative people with different skills from mine - people who can knit, crochet, screen print, make beautiful quilts, paint and draw people etc. The world still has so many creative people, despite everything.
DeleteBest wishes
Ellie
Thank you for your comment on my blog, I've just enjoyed looking back at some of your posts of your beautiful creations.
ReplyDeleteI would love to have a go at watercolours but wouldn't know where to start because I got an art O level way back in the 70's without learning to paint or draw!
Thanks, Sue. There are lots of watercolour tutorials on Youtube and lots of books out there which you could get at the Library. It is such a versatile medium and can be used in so many different ways. It depends what you would like to do - I don't have the skills to do 'proper' landscapes, but I enjoy using watercolour as backgrounds for other things, or for 'colouring in' on stamped or drawn images. Wet on wet is always fun because you never quite know what will happen. I also find it very relaxing. The other great thing is that you don't need much to get going - watercolour paper, paint, brushes and water. Better quality does give better results, I have found. Give it a go - watch some videos and experiment!
DeleteBest wishes
Ellie