I like to post photos of the cards I make, as a reminder of what I sent to whom, as well as a record of what I have been making, so here are some more from this year. Above is a simple stamped and watercoloured card. These clean and simple cards are often more tricky - all it takes is an inky finger print and you have to start all over again!
Easter cards are enjoyable to make and these were made using stamps, dies and stencils with pastel coloured backgrounds.
I made a couple of these for my cat-loving friends, using stamps and dies.
As this stencil and dies set from America cost me a fair bit in tax, I am determined to use it as much as I can. It is a good one for using scraps and here there are embossed bits as well as scrap book paper.
This one used some of the slow drawings I do on a Wednesday evening. I have amassed quite a collection of these little pieces, so it is good to use some of them.
This one used embossing folder for the background, and some die cut flowers which I watercoloured. The recipient is a teacher, so the letters and vintage book page number strip seemed appropriate!
I enjoy looking for themed supplies - hearts are a good one. Here I used an embossing folder and a heart which had metal foil applied to it. Simple, but effective, I think.
An embossed frame and stencilled image made this card.
I saw this inked technique demonstrated on TV and knew I wanted to try it. I think it worked really well. The image is stamped onto watercolour card with Distress (or other water based ink) and then sprayed gently with water, just enough to react the ink and start it spreading.
Another simple card with a gel printed heart in the centre of the embossed background.
Finally (and well done for making it here!) is this card which uses one of the pieces I made in an online course I did in the summer. Lots of layers of paint and ink in this piece with a stamped butterfly as the focal point. I have a couple of birthday cards to make for male family members and I find cards for men are a little more tricky but I have ideas of what to do, so watch this space.











No comments:
Post a Comment