Monday 23 August 2010

Books, books, books

A small selection of some of the books I have been reading lately, ranging from biographies of Katherine Swnford, Elizabeth I, and Mary, Queen of Scots to how a Victorian House (middle class family) functioned and what life was like for the occupants. I love reading and at work, I make full use of my lunch hour as I can usually be found with my nose in a book. I love the way they lead you off into a new experience, and of course, learning things is always a bonus. I am very keen on biographies about women, from different times and different social circles. I have almost finished the one about Elizabeth I, read in tandem with the one about Mary, Queen of Scots. Both are interesting and full of detail and research. My next reading matter will be based around the Pre-Raphaelite women, such as Georgiana Burne-Jones, Jane Morris and Lizzie Siddal and I am really looking forward to immersing myself in the Victorian era. I have requested two books from the library which I am eagerly awaiting. I wish I had more hours in the day!

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me (again) about the Victorian House. I love that book and I feel like I need my own copy to add to the collection. It does a wonderful job of portraying the whole domestic establishment from top to bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Chaelen
    Hooray, I got a comment!! Thank you.
    I love that book too and I am adding it to my wish list. I have got the two Pre-Raphaelite books from the library and can't wait to immerse myself in them - they will probably make an appearance in a future post. Where would we be without our fantastic books?

    ReplyDelete