Monday 16 August 2010

Geranium and Fuchsia

I am enjoying the combination of colours in the garden, even though some things are starting to look a little past their best. We have been getting lots of rain, which has attempted to flatten everything, but it has improved the soil considerably. The top photo shows Geranium 'Rozanne', which is one of my favourites as it obligingly winds itself through other plants, even coming out at the top of one of the rose bushes!
The above fuchsia is 'Thamar' which has flowers that face upwards - unusual in a fuchsia as most have downward facing flowers. I thought I had lost it due to the cold winter, as it is not supposed to be hardy, (however, it had survived in my garden for about three years) but luckily, it recovered and has come back better than ever. The garden is still colourful, but over the last couple of weeks, it is starting to look a bit more autumnal, probably being prompted by the weather. I do love the autumn, but would like to enjoy a little bit more of the summer first!

No comments:

Post a Comment