I have had mixed success with the patterns above. I wrote about them here. As you may remember, I made the one on the left, which I wrote about here changing the positioning of the ties and it looked awful on, so I decided to see whether I could alter it, rather than waste the material.
So, I altered it.
Now it looks like this. I'm still not sure it is a total success, but at least I will actually wear it.
Here's the back.
Then I made the one on the right. I had to change the rather odd (in my view) pocket detail to the patch pocket which I like and I also had to make the neckline narrower. Even after altering the pattern, the neckline was still too wide, so I added a few darts. (I have since altered the pattern again, so hopefully it will be right now). I also added the contrast material onto the end of the belt tie too.
Here it is. It was easy to make (despite my alterations) and I am pleased to report that it looks nice on. (Even Chris said it was OK, so that was good).
Here's the back view.
It is a loose fit and could be worn without the belt. I am going to make several more, using up some of my rather large material stash. I am also going to use the cheerful bird fabric from the pink pinafore as the contrast too (just because I really like that material), but with a different main material. There will be more photos as I progress.