Sunday 22 September 2019

Making...

...more cards.  This was for my friend Alison's birthday.  I watercoloured the background floral stamp and then used a 'spotlight' die effect for the sentiment.  This was cut from the background and then layered up so that it stands proud.  It looks a bit like an optical illusion and I think it is really effective.
 Here's a close up.
This second card was a little different as I made it for someone I don't know and doubt I shall ever meet.  His name is Rhys, he is fourteen and has a life limiting condition.  His mum put out a call on Facebook for cards to cheer him up and Chris said we should send one, so we did.  He has now received over 18,000 cards and also presents too.   There is a short report about him here. It just shows that despite the world news, the depressing statistics and upsetting images, there are still a lot of decent and kind people out there and that is a comforting thought.

8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely thing to do sending the card to the little boy. The floral card is so delicate, both great cards.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Briony. It is good to know that there are lots of thoughtful people out there, despite what the media would have us believe. I really enjoy trying new to me techniques with my card making.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Cards to treasure. And yes, knowing that the world has decent and kind people (and quite a lot of them) IS comforting.
    I hope your week is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. It is good to know (and I wish more news would focus on the good to balance all the horrible) that there are those people out there, all doing their bit to try to make others' lives just that little bit more bearable.
      I hope you have a good week too and your health (and Jazz's) steadily improve.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. What a kind thing to do sending your card for the boy, I'm sure he really appreciated it. A tiny good deed can go such a long way xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. It was a small thing but one which I hope helped to cheer him up, even if only for a moment.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. It's amazing how well we can see the texture even in the picture. What a special card. I'm sure your friend loved it. Well done.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. My friend did email to say how much she liked the card, so that was really nice. I am learning some new papercrafting techniques and really enjoying them.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete