Sunday 2 August 2020

Index Card A Day (ICAD) - Week Nine

The Index Card A Day Challenge has finished after nine weeks and 61 prompts (plus two bonus ones).  Above are the bonus cards: One Staple Collage and Draw or Collage a Bird.  I used gel medium to stick the magazine pieces down and it left a few wrinkles, but they are just part of the image!
The final prompts were: Billiards; Tea Set; Arboretum.  Initially, I didn't feel particularly inspired by Billiards or Arboretum, but managed to create something.  Arboretum was a magazine collage, using a different glue this time.
The final two prompts were: Bossa Nova; Adventure.   I really enjoyed painting Bossa Nova, while listening to appropriate music, of course.  I bought a map stamp a few weeks ago, so was able to use that for the Adventure prompt.  The folded paper hides...
...the countries/places I have travelled to and had my own adventures.  Egypt definitely tops the list for adventures!
I have enjoyed the ICAD challenge and have used lots of different techniques and media to create the pieces. I found making one small piece a day was do-able and the prompts helped me to focus on ideas which I probably wouldn't have followed otherwise.  Deciding to use the prompts each day was also a good choice as again, the words weren't always ones I would have used.   I think my most successful pieces were the mixed media ones - Tiramisu, Camomile, Cappucino, Diagram - but I also like the ones where words have been incorporated too, such as Album and Orchard.  
Here's to next year's ICAD challenge!   

6 comments:

  1. I ALWAYS delight in your creations. Today you have reminded me that I would love to go to our arboretum. Since we are in the middle of (a very mild) winter, there will be little green on display but I still enjoy the elegance of bare branches filigreed against the sky.
    Stay well, stay safe, stay creating (and reading).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. We have an arboretum here too, with a bandstand and a statue of a Lion (recently vandalised with paint, sadly) thanks to the Victorians. The whole place used to have a rather unsavoury reputation, but I think it has been improved, although there are still idiots out there looking to cause trouble.
      I love to see trees, particularly in a city.
      Stay well and safe too. I will certainly keep creating and reading!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. So many lovely cards again, I can't believe you have made so many. Thank you for sharing them all with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. It was a very enjoyable challenge and I learnt a bit about myself and my creative likes and dislikes while creating the cards. I think the final total is 63 cards!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Ellie!! 61 prompts is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. I really loved this challenge and hope to take part again next year. It was good to be able to use my stash. I am definitely a mixed media girl!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete