Thursday 1 October 2020

Artists' Trading Card (ATC) - October

The first of another month and here is my ATC for October.  I used gel prints which I tore up for the collage background in shades of reds, oranges and yellows.  I then stamped pumpkins over the background.  I decided to go with a vintage pumpkin image for the main focal point (which I found at The Graphics Fairy  - a wonderful resource with free images although you can pay and subscribe for more options, should you wish to).
The gemstones have a suitably autumnal feel too, with dyed shell, garnet, red agate, mookite, smoky quartz, tiger's eye and more mookite.  The gemstone for October is opal, so that is added as the charm.
On the back of the card is another image from The Graphics Fairy, of a pheasant, with some stamped and watercoloured acorns and a conker.  This card does suggest autumn to me.
 

10 comments:

  1. Love those autumnal colours - and hope that your autumn is as gorgeous as your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. Yesterday was a nice day, today the wind is getting up and tomorrow we are due rain - very much autumnal weather! I do enjoy all the changing colours through Autumn.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. A beautiful card Ellie. Keep on crafting. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I certainly will!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. It is a lovely card Ellie! A gorgeous mix of cosy warm Autumn colours and very apt images to represent change and the storing of food...the little gems representing grain. Do you trade your cards? I really like Opals. I didn't know it was the gemstone for October. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. I started making these cards as a year long project - one for each month - so hadn't really thought about trading cards. Trading the cards seems to be more of a 'thing' on facebook and I am not part of that, so I haven't been involved. However, I have really enjoyed making these cards and at the end of the year, I will have a lovely resource to use every year.
      I have included the gemstone of the month for each card and have enjoyed looking through my stash and choosing appropriate stones to make up the gemstone dangle.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. That's perfect for October. Such gorgeous background colours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I am always looking for ways to use up my many, many gel plate prints so I predict collages will be the way to go. This card came together really easily and I am very happy with the result.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. Sorry I am a bit late, catching up on some blog reading.......a wonderful card, really autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. I was pleased with the way this card turned out - I am thinking about November's card at the moment, but haven't started it yet - maybe today.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete