Saturday 24 October 2020

The autumn leaves...and other autumn images in the garden

Last Saturday afternoon I went in the garden to prune some of my Climbing Roses.  I noticed that my first ever successful cuttings (of Nemesia Confetti) were still flowering away happily.  The photo above reminds me a bit of this...

(Image from  http://www.queenonline.com/music)
Anybody else see that? No? Just me then...  moving swiftly on...

Leaves are changing quickly now and the clematis Wyevale is turning a lovely yellow.
Hydrangea leaves are also showing shades of red.
Ginkgo Mariken is starting to turn yellow too.
A little splash of fuchsia pink from a cyclamen hederifolium which is really welcome amongst all the autumnal shades
The blueberries are just starting to change too but will become more fiery as the temperature drops.
Autumn stalwarts such as this aster Little Carlow are still in bloom.
My autumn fruiting raspberries are giving me a few berries ever now and again which I eat as I wander round the garden.  I need to repot them next year and look after them a bit better.
There are the most lovely blue skies to enjoy sometimes too...
...autumn sunshine is always appreciated.

10 comments:

  1. I do love wandering through your garden with you - whatever the season.
    Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I definitely return the compliment - your garden is beautiful.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Autumn sunshine is wonderful isn't it Ellie. We don't get it that often so it is one to savour. I love how the low light catches everything and makes it looks so much more vibrant and alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. This week has been very different - not much sun to enjoy! I agree, we need to make the most of autumn sunshine when it is there.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. I am such an ignoramus where names and knowledge of flowers and plants are concerned! Having said that I can always appreciate the beauty of flowers and the wonderful autumn colours of plants and trees. It must be wonderful looking out on your garden every morning :-) Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. I am an avid garden TV programme watcher and I have amassed quite a library of gardening books over the years. I also get three gardening magazines every month. With all that, I can't fail to pick up names of plants and long wishlists of plants I would like. The garden is changing so quickly - it doesn't look like this now - leaves on the ground, leaves turning brown rather than yellow, but it all has its own beauty. Appreciating what nature we have around us has never been so important.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. I have lost your email so I am choosing this way to respond. I am very, very happy to send you a fridge magnet and if you let me know the address I will post it on Monday. When it gets there is another question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, EC. I have emailed you this morning - hopefully you have received my email OK. It will be a lovely bit of happy mail to look forward to, no matter when it finally arrives.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
    2. I am very glad to hear that and when I check my email I will let you know if yours has not arrived.

      Delete
    3. Thanks EC. I shall hope that you have received it!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete