Wednesday 8 December 2021

Junk Journal progress

 I have recently decided to have a go at making a junk journal with pockets, tabs, tucks etc. and interesting things to look at.  I am not sure whether I shall use it to journal in, but it will be a nice project that I can work on as and when I feel I want to. I have been working on a few pages and here they are.

Here is a pocket containing a card...
...and here's the card.
Another pocket with images from a magazine...
...and another pocket with bits of collage all over it.
This pocket contains a little book with Beatrix Potter illustrations in it.
Another large pocket waiting for me to make something to go in it.

This 'Alice' flip out was made from a junk mail window envelope.

Inside is Alice in a couple of different illustrations.

They are a mix of scrapbook paper, book pages, scraps, gel plate prints, images from books and the internet, digi kits, and any other bits and pieces I want to put in.  I am really enjoying the relaxing collaging and this will be an ongoing project, which I may share more from occasionally.

8 comments:

  1. I really love this, I am always intending to make one but other things get in the way. so beautiful.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Briony. I have been watching other people creating things for their journals on Youtube for quite some time (Joie de Fi, Pam at The Paper Outpost and Andrea at Artymaze are my current favourites) and decided it was time I gave it a go. I am really enjoying putting the bits and pieces together. I'll be working on this as and when - no time pressure to get it finished. I hope you manage to find the time to have a go - it is a relaxing project.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Ooooh. This is lovely - and every time I look at a page I see more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I am really enjoying putting the pages together and creating the tags, booklets and little bits and pieces. There are lots of pages to add things to, so it will keep me very busy!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Awwww.... pretty, pretty, pretty, Ellie. I love this! Do you happen to watch "Scrapbooking with ME" on YouTube? Edith is the queen of this sort of thing. Watch her for more ideas to try. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. I do follow quite a few junk journallers on Youtube, but I haven't seen the one you mention. I will go and have a look - thank you for that.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. What an intriguing journal Ellie. I love books with little pull out books, pockets and see through panels in them. Magical! Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. Yes, I love things like that too. I am loving making all the little bits and pieces and I keep finding things which I am putting in the pockets and tabs - little notes from people, postcards, old photos etc, so I think it may become a real 'holder of memories' for me.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete