Sunday 25 September 2022

The seasons change part one

Photo from royal.uk
Things move on and change, it is part of life, although a part that can be difficult to adapt to.  Last Monday we saw Queen Elizabeth II's state funeral, which was a credit to all involved.  It is the end of an era, but the beginning of a new one.
Friday saw the Autumn equinox, and the garden is slowly but surely starting to change.
My cyclamen hederifolium plants are flowering which always says Autumn to me.  You may remember I have increased the collection with a couple of little plants that were growing in the patio, having been taken there by ants.
They brighten up the shady corner.
Hydrangeas are changing their petal colours too.  This is Paniculata Pinky Winky, which has been lovely this year. 
The Asters are also in flower.  They have been reclassified as Symphyotrichum but will remain Asters to me! Above is Mrs S T Wright...
...and here is September Ruby.
Finally for now, here is Clematis Wyevale, with its lovely blue flowers and slightly soap-like scent.  More to come in part two.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for celebrating the change in your garden. The beautiful change.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. There's lots to enjoy during Autumn and I do like the changes. I have quite a lot of jobs to do in the garden too this Autumn and Winter, so I really need to get on with them!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. You are such a keen gardener, all your autumn blooms look fabulous, I like the look of your cyclamen, provokes the urge to visit the garden centre and see what they have for Autumn colour xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. I do enjoy pottering in the garden. I have lots of jobs for Autumn and Winter, so next on the list is some bulb planting and foxglove planting.
      The cyclamen are such happy little plants.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. What a bright & beautiful post, Ellie. Such gorgeousness to see! Yes, the Queen...what a woman! Her family did indeed do her proud with her sending-off. They are to be commended...especially the little ones who did such a good job. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. It was a day to remember, certainly. I like this time of year when the heat has gone and the leaves are changing colour, but we still have some sunny days.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. I always love your posts from your garden, you have so many beautiful and amazing flowers,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. I have collected some lovely plants over the years and love to see them as the seasons change. While I have run out of room now, there are always things to do and a feeling of optimism when I plant for next year.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete