Saturday 22 October 2022

Crafting and Baking

I have been making a card for my sister's birthday and went full on mixed media for it - hope she liked it! It has a die cut leaf which I coloured with acrylic ink and then clear embossed, so it looks as though it is wet.  The background is a mixture of book pages and collage papers and the envelope has leaf stamps on it.
I have been inspired by some Youtubers - I think this one was Ceri Griffiths.  I made three postcard sized collages using lots of bits and pieces of papers and stamps and the odd digikit thrown in..
The inspiration for these was Crafty by Toni here - inking and then stamping onto self adhesive labels.  I used Tim Holtz stamps 'Field Notes' here.
This stamp set was another Tim Holtz set called 'Eccentric'.  I really enjoyed this and now have some lovely bits and pieces for art journals or cards.
I tried a recipe for Devon Apple Cake which was on Corners of my Mind blog here  It was really easy to make, smelled beautifully of cinnamon and mixed spice and tasted even better!  It is great as a pudding with custard, or with cream or yogurt or just on its own.  As it has apple in it, it won't keep for that long, but that wasn't a problem in our house!

6 comments:

  1. Wow - on both counts. I have only just had dinner and am drooling at that Apple Cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I made another apple cake today - the first one didn't last long! The smell of mixed spice and cinnamon is just so autumnal.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely card and your cake looks absolutely delicious full of all the wonderful flavours of Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. The cake is delicious and we have enjoyed it a lot as a pudding with custard.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous textures and prints. Reminds me of an artist's exhibition I saw in Berlin years ago...the name may come to me at some point. The cakes looks yummy. I have been busy making lots or apple sauce today using the garden apples, but perhaps I should be a bit more adventurous :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. I can thoroughly recommend the cake - it is absolutely scrummy and works well as a pudding with custard and/or ice cream!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete