Saturday 8 October 2022

#Printinktober 2022 - week one

I always enjoy a little creative challenge, so when I saw this one on a blog which I follow, I knew I wanted to get involved.

Inktober is a month long challenge where you use an ink supply to create a piece of art every day during October.  Printinktober is where you use a stamp to create a piece of art every day during October.  I thought it would be a great challenge for me as it would encourage me to use stamps which I haven't used at all, or not very much.  I could also review my stamp collection at the same time..possibly...or not!  There are a set of prompts (above) but as always with these things, you don't have to follow them.  There is an opportunity to share what you do on instagram I think, but I am just going to do a weekly round up here.
Above is Circles. I used a variety of circle stamps from Aall & Create and Visible Image.

This one is Pattern and used stamps I have only used once before. These were border stamps from Dovecraft.

The prompt here was Rubber Stamps, so I used some of my latest Tim Holtz stamps - Eccentric.  I do love all the different texts and numbers in this set. 
Yes, this one is Rainbow and I used some new pigment inks (Versafine Clair) which have lovely vibrant colours. This was a Sizzix stamp set called Splats.
Abstract was the prompt here and this used Altenew Simple Flowers. This is a stamp set I really like but I forget I have got it.  
Here is Silicone - I used a silicone/polymer stamp by Jane Gill for Woodware called Hare in the brambles.
Red - watercolour over black embossed poppy stamp (Perfect poppy) from Hunkydory.  Another stamp I haven't used.  I am really enjoying this challenge and am creating a nice little book as I go along.
Are you joining in this month?

10 comments:

  1. Just lovely. That poppy and your bunny (hare?) and the abstract garden scene really take my eye. I am looking forward to more too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. It is a really nice daily challenge which is so enjoyable. It's great to be able to use some of my stamp stash too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Love the circles, flowers, and rabbit. Looks like you're going to have fun with this challenge.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. Yes, I am really enjoying it so far.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Wow they are wonderful. I love them all for different reasons. You are so inspiring Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. What a lovely thing to say!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Some really lovely designs. Isn't that hare cute, and I love the poppies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I am enjoying actually using some of my (rather large - oops!) stamp collection. Some off them haven't been used at all, so it's good to give them an airing.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. Hello Ellie, oh you are good doing these challenges. My end of day challenge seems to be staying awake long enough so I can collapse on the sofa with tea and chocolate and an episode of Game of Thrones :0

    I LOVE the abstract flowers - they remind me of a design on some Scandinavian retro pots I have. The hare in brambles is also very beautiful :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. The problem (if you can call it that) with having so many stamps is that I forget what I have. A challenge like this is perfect for making me dig into my supplies and get using them! There are some absolutely stunning stamps out there. Any stamp with a hare is one I need to look at (and usually add to the collection...sigh...)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete