Friday 30 December 2022

Happy New Plant

We went out for a walk the other day and in B&Q (DIY supplier) they had some rather nice hellebores.  I already have a collection of these plants both in pots and in the 'woodland' border.  However, this one caught my eye as it is flowering now, so I had to bring it home with me.  It is Helleborus ericsmithii Winter Sunshine and yes, the name appealed to me as well.
The leaves have slightly spiky looking edges and red veining, while the buds have red/pink and cream colours  and open to green, judging by the open flower. I am hoping it will do well for me.

As we move towards 2023, I wish you a Happy New Year. 

10 comments:

  1. WHAT a beauty. I wouldn't have been able to leave it in the store either.
    Here's to a wonderful 2023 for us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I have no willpower when it comes to not buying some plants!
      Happy 2023 to you and yours.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the plant. It has very pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meanqueen. I hope it will do well here - it will get a part sun/part shade area which I hope will suit it.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous plant Ellie, I am always amazed by anything that will flower in the Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. I am aiming for something interesting/flowering in every month of the year, so winter flowering plants are particularly welcome.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. A gorgeous plant. Wishing you and your family a very happy new year and all the very best for 2023 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It is a lovely little plant and I hope it will be happy in a pot in the garden.
      Happy New Year to you and your family too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. Oooh, she's a looker isn't she! I do love Hellebores. I'm sure she'll be very happy in your garden :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. I love hellebores too and am gradually increasing my little collection. Such undemanding plants flowering at a time when we need a bit of a lift. I hope she'll be happy with me.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete