Saturday 24 June 2023

The rest of the Roses

It has been a good rose year so far.  Here are some photos of the other roses in my garden.  Above is Cottage Rose.
My latest acquisition, Dannahue.  I will be putting this one in a big pot in the Autumn.
William Shakespeare 2000, still growing tall and attempting garden domination.
For Your Eyes Only, which I repotted earlier this year and I thought I had killed it. The roots were growing through the bottom of the pot and it was difficult to get it out of the pot.  It looked distinctly unhappy for quite a while.  However, it has decided all is well and is flowering beautifully.
Eyes for You, which is a really pretty flower with dark purply splodges at the base.  You can see the different colours it goes through here too. It will be repotted in the Autumn too.
New Dawn flowering on the arch.
Emily Bronte who was also trying to take over.  She has been cut back a bit now after the first flush of flowers. The scent in the garden has been lovely and it has been enhanced by the little white orange blossom which has been fantastic this year. (That will need repotting too, I think...) I now need to feed them all, especially the ones in pots.  A nice relaxing job for this evening, I think.

8 comments:

  1. Your roses are GORGEOUS. Colour me envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I love roses - that's pretty obvious! I have no more room to add to the collection but I have got a lot for a small space. The ones I have now got have been really reliable and good. In my experience, they take about three years to really get going. Lots of deadheading to do and the feeding, as I said in my post. I enjoy those kinds of meditative jobs though.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. I so enjoyed these photos, Ellie, I love roses as well.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amalia. The roses have been lovely so far this year - I think they have been enjoying the heat, unlike me!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Oh, aren't they beautiful. My roses have done so well this year too. Do you have a favourite, I think mine is New Dawn from the ones here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. My favourite changes - for scent it's Gertrude Jekyll, for health it's Olivia Rose Austin, for colour it's William Shakespeare 2000 and For Your Eyes Only...no, I can't choose - they are all my favourite!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Oh my, I think I am in love with 'For yours eyes only' ♡ x♡ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. It is a beauty and it is a good, healthy rose. I seem to remember you liking it when it appeared on my blog last year too. It's no good, you'll have to give in and get one!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete