Monday 5 June 2023

Hello to Jacques, Ferdinand, Mary, Olivia, Charles, Geoff, Constance...

 It is rose time again and I have been watching the roses slowly start to unfurl.  I so enjoy this time of year in the garden.

I do have rather a lot of pink roses.  
Above, top row, left to right are: Jacques Cartier, Ferdinand Pichard and Mary Rose.
Middle, left to right are: Olivia Rose Austin, Charles de Mills and Geoff Hamilton.
Bottom, left to right are: For Your Eyes Only, Constance Spry and Gertrude Jekyll.
This is Susan Williams-Ellis.  Still to flower are Blush Noisette, Cottage Rose, Eyes for You, Emily Bronte, William Shakespeare 2000, New Dawn and my newest acquisition, an apricot one, Dannahue.  I look forward to seeing them soon. I have had many roses over the years and quite a few have not stayed with me.  The ones I have now have all done well, either in borders or in pots and I hope they will be with me for many years to come. 
In other news in the garden, Camassia Silk River is in flower.  Described as lime green to white, they are lovely, shorter than the blue camassias and later to flower.  
Pretty creamy/green flowers.
I am also enjoying a few foxgloves and have just sowed some more ready for next year.  Above is an apricot one which I love.  I also have the purple ones and a white one too.  It's all so exciting at this time of year!
I shall keep a watch out for the next roses to flower.  


4 comments:

  1. Loving your garden. I have a weakness of yellow/apricot roses but a lot of ours are in pink hues too. I HAD a rule that the only roses I would buy were scented but the other household inhabitant broke that rule. I suppose I have kept it since I didn't purchase them.
    We have quite a lot of problem with black spot on our roses. Do you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I do like roses to be scented too. Gertrude Jekyll is the strongest fragrance I have, but all the others have scent of some kind. I do get black spot on some of the roses too. I read that the rose growers at David Austin remove all the rose leaves over winter and I have been trying that too. It does seem to have lessened the black spot.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Well aren't they absolute beauties! Just gorgeous xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. It's been a pretty good year for roses this year I think.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete