Thursday 15 June 2023

Index-Card-A-Day (ICAD) 2023 - weeks 1 and 2

Here we are with ICAD 2023.  Above are (clockwise from top left) Sapling; Polka dots or Graphic dots; Espresso; Map.  
Here are Stripes or Zebra stripes; Wildflowers and Treble Clef.  So far, I've used pens and watercolour, inks and embossing, collage and stamps.
Week two was: Butterfly; Fuchsia or Magenta; Glyph (any kind of purposeful mark, representation of a character or an incised mark).  I used texture paste for this and tried to get the look of an old piece of plaster.  Signpost is the last one on this photo.

Moonlight (music from the 'Moonlight Sonata'); Superstition ( I have been practising the lettering I have been doing in my talking sketchbook online class); Typewriter.  
I am being pretty literal with my interpretations so far, but we shall see as the weeks go on.  On to week three...

8 comments:

  1. I love where your imagination and creativity has taken you - and us. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. As always, I am enjoying the challenges which the prompts bring me. I am also enjoying being able to use my stash of materials and media.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. It always looks like you have such fun with all your creativity. Very interesting and always fun to see your projects.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. I do indeed have a lot of fun with my various projects! They help me to get through the less interesting parts of life (such as having to go to work)!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. These must be so much fun to create. The possibilities for each prompt are endless, it's fun to see your interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. They are fun to make. I am still being quite literal with my take on the words, but I usually go with the first idea that pops in my head!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Typewriter go! Love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. A challenge like this is a good way to make me use some of my stash!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete