Sunday 24 September 2023

Some cards through the year - part 1

As you know, I enjoy making cards and I like to keep a record of what I have made.  So here are some of the cards from this year.  There are probably more, but I think two posts is enough(!).  The top one was for a friend's birthday - she likes pink.
The next one was for my brother-in-law.  I always find cards for men a little trickier.
I think this card was my piece de resistance this year.  It was for my colleague at work whose partner is an entomologist. My colleague has now become interested in insects, so I made this card for her.  There are pockets and 'slides' with various bugs and beetles on them.
On the back of the card were many bugs too...
Here you can see the 'slides'.
I also added a little money envelope inside.  The only problem now is thinking what to make her for next year!
There have been thank you cards.
Lots of birthday cards...
...some including collage.
Then there have been Mothering Sunday/Mother's Day cards...
...and Easter cards (I love this Tim Holtz/Sizzix rabbit die set)...
...and more Easter cards.
Finally for this post, another birthday card, following inspiration from Tracy Evans, who has been posting lots of helpful 'snippet' videos on Youtube here and I have a few of her stamps so can make my own interpretations.
Part 2 coming soon... 

4 comments:

  1. Your cards would be an absolute treasures to receive - and definite 'keepers'. Which is lovely in our throw away culture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I like being able to try to tailor the card to the person I'm making it for which makes it much more personal.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. So personal and lovely :) xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. I like to have a photo of the cards I make (in case I want to make them again!). I do enjoy making all the different occasion cards.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete