Friday 29 September 2023

Some cards through the year - part 2

Here are some more cards which were made over the year.  More birthday cards...
...some using dies as well as stamps.
Anniversary cards made using stencils...
...a thank you card using a stamp which I watercoloured.  I really like this Kandinsky-esque pattern.
A special birthday card for my best friend who lives in Canada but who visited this summer.  The little rhyme reads: "Cherish friendship in your breast, New is good but old is best; Make new friends but keep the old; Those are silver, these are gold".  I included a Canada stamp, relevant numbers, a picture of a forget-me-not and a photo of her when she was little.  I really enjoy creating these collage backgrounds.
This was her pearl anniversary card - both of us were married in 1993 and I was at her wedding in Canada as a Matron of Honour.
More birthday cards...

...anniversary cards...

...and these are the most recent, for my brother-in-law
...and my nephew.
The next cards to make are for my sister, sister-in-law and then Chris, not forgetting that Christmas (whisper it!) is not all that far away!  I had better get making!

9 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. And yes, whisper the c word very, very quietly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. It will be with us far too quickly, I fear!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Some fabulous cards, and the ones in your last post too. I like how you use so many different techniques and make each one personal too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Having such a large stash of papercrafting stuff, I have to make sure I use it, but I do have my favourites which get used more often. I really do need to have a sort out though and let some of the unused or less used ones go to another home!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous cards Ellie! The fox and rabbit are so sweet. Love the inky prints on the heart too. I always think it is super special to receive a hand made card xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. The animals are very cute, aren't they? I enjoy making the cards and like you, I feel that it is lovely to receive a hand made card.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Your cards are always Sooo beautiful Ellie but that one you made for your friend in Canada is just exquisite ... & so vintage looking too ! 🖤xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. It was lovely to be able to see her this year and to celebrate her birthday too. I am starting to make more of the vintage/collage cards. I really like them too!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. They are all just stunning, they will be cherished by the lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete