Thursday 19 October 2023

Patricia Janečková 1998-2023

 I was so saddened to hear of the death of a lovely soprano singer, Patricia Janeckova, who I had been following on Youtube.  Her voice had been trained extremely well and she had a lovely singing technique.  Sadly, she passed away due to breast cancer, at the age of 25.  I think she would have had a wonderful career but at least we can still enjoy her voice and her performances.  I had some singing lessons when I was at school, so have a little understanding of the technique and hers is the kind of voice I would have loved to have had.  

Photo from here 
If you enjoy classical music, please find her Youtube videos.  
I particularly like this one - Song to the Moon from Rusalka by Dvorak. and this one - Laudate Dominum by Mozart.  (I have sung this before, but not as well as Patricia does!)

RIP Patricia and thank you for sharing your gift.

8 comments:

  1. Taken far too soon. And the world is diminished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I heartily agree with you.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. So young. Sad by this young woman's passing away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome, Romance Reader. It was very sad news - such a talent.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. I have not heard of her Ellie so I shall go & check out her YouTube videos. Gosh that is so young to be gone. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. She didn't seem to have made many recordings on CD or mp3 etc, but she did have lots of Youtube videos and you can see her progress. It is sad that she didn't have the chance to fulfil her potential, as with anyone who dies young.
      However, she brought a lot of joy through her singing and will continue to do so through her videos.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard Patricia's work Ellie. Twenty five is far too young to leave this world. Like you I had some singing lessons when I was young - my aunty's mother in law / cousins' granny had been an opera singer. The technique was very hard & although I never came close to mastering it, I do appreciate it when I hear a good singer xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. It's good that there are Youtube videos of her to enjoy. I didn't come close to mastering it either but I like her voice very much. Some soprano voices are much too full of vibrato for me and I much prefer the clearer voices.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete