Sunday 31 March 2024

Easter


To all those celebrating Easter, may I wish you a Happy Easter.  It was a beautiful day yesterday, with sunshine and blue sky but today it has turned misty and cloudy.  I am sure that Easter egg hunts and other festivities will still be enjoyed by those taking part.  Above are some of the Easter cards I sent out this year.  The cat with bunny ears was inspired by Tim Holtz, who was busy putting bunny ears on some of his photos here

I have also made some Easter butterfly cakes which we will be enjoying over the next day or two, assuming they last that long!
In the garden, things are starting to look more Spring-like.  Muscari (grape hyacinth) are flowering...
...and the scillas are bringing their beautiful shade of blue.
Cardamine Quinquefolia has been really pretty but is starting to die down again now.
The tulips at the front door are supposed to be Orange Emperor, but they look decidedly red to me.  however, they are very welcome, whatever they are.
The hellebores in the border are still flowering.
Here are some of the Valerie Finnis muscari I bought late in the season and planted in December, I think it was.  Their shade of pale blue is so pretty...
...and works well against the other muscari shades too.  I keep finding them popping up in the borders where I had forgotten I had planted them, so it's a nice surprise!
It's also the start of tulips in the border, which have flowered once in a pot and then get transplanted.  So far, most keep coming back, which is a bonus.  I planted them deeply and I think they like that.  The ones in pots from last Autumn are in bud, but not near to flowering just yet.
Magnolia Susan is also starting to flower and scent the garden with the lovely lemony, fresh scent. 
There is so much to enjoy and this is my favourite time of year, from now until mid-June.

6 comments:

  1. Those flowers are beautiful. I like flowers not only for their different colors and fragrance, but for me, they also represent the softer side of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lon. I get great enjoyment from gardening and nature.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Loving your spring garden. It is such an exciting time of year. Every time you look there are new things bursting into bloom.
    Those cupcakes look good - and the cards are fun too. I really like the idea of putting bunny ears in inappropriate places...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. Things seem to change daily in the garden at this time of year and I like welcoming back the old friends each year. The cupcakes didn't last long and were delicious. Yes, I like the idea of the bunny ears too. What inappropriate places are you thinking about - it sounds intriguing?
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Your garden is looking so pretty as it wakes up for spring Ellie. Just beautiful & look at that blue sky! I love your cards & those butterfly cakes look so delicious! Happy Easter to you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. Happy Easter to you too. Blue sky has been in short supply during our grey and wet winter, so it is all the more welcome. It is lovely to see the Spring flowers and bulbs. The cakes were delicious and didn't last long!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete