Tuesday 12 March 2024

All about green

I am enjoying the Whimsies, Words and Watercolours class run by Joanne Sharpe I am doing this year.  Each month, there are pages to complete and one of these is a focus on colour. For March, it is all about green.  We chose nine watercolours, three each of blue, yellow and green and then made a grid mixing them together.  Above is my mixing plate when I had finished - it is almost as pretty as the page in my journal.
Here's the finished mixing grid.  It was a lovely way to spend some time on a rainy Sunday afternoon.  There are a lot of different colours you can make with just nine to start with.  Colour grids or swatches  like these make me happy!

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful shades of green going into blues & yellows Ellie - I agree your mixing plate looks just as eye catching. Maybe they chose green for March as it is coming into spring for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. It was for Spring and St Patrick's Day too, I think. The garden is certainly starting to turn a little more green now.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Well your mixing pallet is a work of art Ellie, even before we move onto your paper! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. I had to clean the plate before I put it away, so I was glad I took a photo of it first! I do love a bit of colour mixing or swatching!
      Best wsihes
      Ellie

      Delete