I have finished a couple of projects, as the title of the post might suggest (!) and here they are. The pompom wreath is such a happy looking thing and I am so pleased with the way it has turned out. I wrapped the wire frame with wool and have tied the pompoms on with the wool from around their centres. They can be removed/altered as the mood takes me, although they can stay as they are for now.
All those lovely bright colours make me smile.
This is the other project. It wasn't on my project list, but I ordered some sparkly ink pads and re-inkers and this storage caddy for them seemed like a good idea. It was plain mdf, but as I had a tester pot of duck egg emulsion left from painting my card index unit and paper storage shelves, I had to use it. I cut some rather lovely oriental inspired papers to decorate it and also varnished it too. It has a slightly distressed look to it which I like.
Here it is with the lid off and the storage compartments for the ink pads and re-inker bottles. I am planning to have a go with my alcohol inks and lift off ink next, so I hope I can create some rather nice backgrounds.