Saturday, 9 March 2019
I don't like rotary cutting but I do like alcohol inks
1. I do not like using a rotary cutter. My ruler kept slipping on the fabric and so I knew that as my cutting was not accurate in the slightest, there was not a hope of my seams lining up, and so it proved to be.
2. The navy blue contrast material had a surprising amount of stretch in it, which was not helpful when I needed to cut squares diagonally to make half square triangles.
3. The pattern, although it says it is suitable for a beginner, in my view is a little more challenging than that as it requires quite a bit of rotary cutting (see point 1).
4. I shall stick to using pre-cuts or jelly rolls for future projects. (This will remove the issue of point 1).
5. I shall finish this project as it is a good learning experience, but it will not be perfect in any way. However, I will still be proud because I made it!