Saturday 1 June 2019

A quilt for Scruffy

As you know, Scruffy decided that my patchwork lap quilt would make a perfect bed for him.  As I was hoping to use the quilt, (after all, that's why I made it) I didn't really want him taking possession of it.  Chris said "You know you'll have to make him one now", so I did.
 I used pre-cut squares (although they weren't actually that accurately cut) from my rather large material stash and managed to make it over a weekend.  It would have been quicker except I originally used some of the backing fabric as part of the binding and it was too heavy and frayed too much, so it had to come off.  I then had to make more binding. 
Anyway, I think His Majesty likes the finished result.
Yes, he likes it!

6 comments:

  1. Well done, now both you and Scruffy are happy! Cute pictures.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. Yes, no more fighting over my quilt!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. He does indeed look blissed out with his quilt. Mind you, I doubt that it will deter him from claiming yours when it suits.l

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. Absolutely - and I will probably let him claim it if I leave it on the sofa...perhaps...
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Brilliant! He does look very comfy on his new quilt xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. He does seem to like the quilt, so I am pleased about that. Being a cat, you never quite know how he will react!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete