Sunday 8 August 2021

Index-Card-A-Day (ICAD) challenge 2021 - weeks eight and nine

As promised, here are the final week of the ICAD challenge for this year.  Above is Typography (a definition, stamping and inks); Blur (another photo from a Christmas market of the Dodgems); and Ice Cream Sundae (inked background and magazine collage, which I really enjoyed making).
Then there was: Botanical (stamps and inks); Translucent (watercolours), Tendrils (inked background and die cut leaves) and Encyclopaedia (vintage encyclopaedia pages inked around the edges and a definition).
For the final week, there was Sea Anemone (inked background and gel print collage) and Improvise (printed definition on a gel print patchwork background).
Pocket (inked background and pocket with a die cut tag inside); Mix Tape (some of the songs on my Amazon playlist over an inked and stencilled background) and Forward (inks and stencils with a definition).
I really enjoyed the challenge again this year and found lots to think about from the prompts.  I also re-discovered my inks and have been using them a lot since then too.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful array of cards, Ellie. I love them all! Great job and what a grand way to use some supplies that maybe you don't use often. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. It was a fun challenge to do and I shall join in again next year! It has been lovely to use my inks again and as they are so versatile I need to keep using them.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Ooooh. I am glad that this challenge was fun - and that it led you to rediscover (and use) your inks. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations. I should add that the card you sent me with the gorgeous woollies are both treasured here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. My inks had been languishing for quite some time so it is great to bring them out and use them again. I am so pleased to hear that you like the sheep so much (and the card too).
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Well done Ellie on finishing the ICAD challenge! :) Job very well done. Love the icecream sundae and anemone (...even if I do always find it hard to say that word :0 ) xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. I really enjoyed making the ice cream sundae - I may need to do some more of that kind of collage. I know what you mean about anemone - it's a tricky one!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete