Thursday 12 August 2021

Wanderlust 2021 - weeks twenty-nine to thirty-two - Texture

This month's theme was Texture.  The page above has lace, embossed card, a die cut, texture paste, acrylic paint and  water soluble crayon.
I created this simple page to showcase different textures which included collage, texture paste, sgraffito into acrylic paint, tissue paper, tea bag paper, a gel print and Liquid Pearls and Stickles to add interest to the background.
For week thirty-one, we started by making a 'mark making library' using pastes, paint, stamping and lots of different brush marks.
Then we created the layered page which had to be left to dry in between. This wasn't easy for me as I was impatient to keep going!  Small collage pieces were added as focal points.
Week thirty-two was more about how were feeling - what had gone well, what we were thankful for etc.  It was good to focus on positives.  We made a little origami envelope to hold a piece of paper on which we write our hopes and dreams - I haven't added these yet. My handmade felt became the focal point and dictated the colour scheme too. I haven't included any of my felt in my journal yet, so it was lovely to add it here.

On to the next theme - Rainbows.

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh. I do love texture - in art, in food, in life. And I am looking forward to Rainbows too - which make any day better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. Texture was a very enjoyable theme - I love it too! I think the Rainbows theme will once I enjoy a lot too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Absolutely wonderful, Ellie!!! I'm going to be doing Wanderlust 2021 in 2022. *haha* Better late than never. I can't wait to see what you do with rainbows!! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. Good for you - I have thoroughly enjoyed this course and am definitely going to sign up to next year's as well. My journal is all ready to go for January 2022. It has give me a really good focus each week and I have lot lots of new techniques. I think my confidence in what I can do has also improved. I am sure you will enjoy it.
      I am looking forward to Rainbows!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Hello Ellie, lovely textures :) I do like a bit of sgraffito and love the idea using tea bags as paint splotchers (we are never short of used teabags in this house!). I too can't wait to see some rainbows. Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. It was a fun theme and I enjoyed hunting about for the different textures I could include. Judging from yesterday's lesson, I think Rainbows will be concentrating on colour rather than shape, but we'll see what next week offers.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. Love these, all the different textures and colours, very creative, I can just imagine the fun you had creating theme. The rainbow theme sounds interesting xcx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie. I enjoyed raiding my scraps/collage stash for interesting papers to use. I think the Rainbow theme will prove to be interesting judging from the first week - David Hockney and mark making!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry I have been away from your blog and missed this - you are SO talented and creative. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jayne. This course has been a great investment and I am enjoying all the different challenges.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete