Sunday 16 April 2023

Experimenting and making

I have been making some things this week and experimenting too.  Above are some polymer clay brush rests, made from scraps.   
Yes, I know they look a bit like multi-coloured slugs, but they will do the job of stopping my paintbrushes rolling around.  I made some others a while ago, (see the blog post here) but they weren't as useful as I had thought because they require more space for the brushes to lie flat across them.
Other experiments involved using shrink plastic for the first time.  I had initially wanted to make some colour swatch earrings, but these ended up a bit too big for that.  However, they would make good keyrings or bag charms.  More experimenting needed I think.
Finally, here is a paper napkin or serviette made into a textured net.  I had my sewing machine out and after watching this video on Youtube ('Distressing paper to make fabric' on Kari's Mixed Media Art), I thought I would have a go.  I shall probably use it to add texture to an art journal page or a tag.
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful results... it's always fun to create something.
    Many greetings to you. Thanks for the link :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Viola. I enjoy experimenting and trying new things, even if the results aren't quite what I had in mind.
      Greetings to you too.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. I love them all - and wear BIG earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I was happy with colours of the swatches and will have a go at some smaller things for earrings. The multi-coloured slug brush rests will be very useful (and no-one else in the world has the same as me!)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Yes, I agree - big earrings for the shrink plastic! The techno slugs are ingenious :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lulu. I will have another go with shrink plastic - it was a lot of fun! The techno slugs are doing a good job for my brushes and I am trying to use what I have a lot more, so they are a win/win.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete