Tuesday 9 July 2024

Some cards from this year...so far

Here are some of the cards I have been making this year, so far.  Above was one for my brother-in-law, using some layering stencils. 
This collaged one was for my colleague at work, celebrating her love of entomology.  I was really pleased with how the collaged beetles turned out.  I had made the papers previously so this really is all my own work.
I added an extra beetle on the back and stamped the gift envelope.
A pretty butterfly...with some white on white flower die cuts behind it which look really effective and add some texture.
A card for my sister-in-law using some slow drawing patterns on the front, the envelope...
...and the inside.
A card for a fox loving friend.  
Collage, stamping and die cuts were used for this one.  She has used the fox tag as a bookmark, I believe.
A card inspired by Alison Bomber (Words and Pictures) who is my latest 'must see' creator on Youtube. I have recently bought several of her beautiful stamp sets and although this flower isn't one of hers, the background is inspired by one of her videos. 

There will no doubt be more cards made in the next six months!
 

6 comments:

  1. Your cards would be ones to treasure. For ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. You are always so kind about my creations and your support is always appreciated so much.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. They're all so lovely. It's nice to see a selection of different techniques. It's a long time since I've done any paper crafting but I'm thinking, now I've become a granny, of creating a scrapbook of Jack's first year. It'll make a change going back to doing something I used to do years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I have a large stash of stuff, so it is good to be able to use lots of different materials and techniques. A scrapbook sounds like a lovely idea and will be lovely to look back on. They grow up so fast!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. I don't like bugs, creepy crawly things, but for some reason love your bug card....it's cute! And of course the butterfly, who doesn't love butterflies. You're always so creative.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy. The beetle card took me a while to make, but I was pleased with the end result and I think my colleague liked it too. Butterflies always seem to be popular - you are right - and this is often my go-to if I am short of time or inspiration!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete