Tuesday 7 July 2020

Index Card a Day (ICAD) - Week Five

 How quickly the time seems to be going as I continue this challenge.  I am starting to amass a nice little collection of cards now and just need to decide what to do with them once it is finished.  Above, you can see: Citrus; Arcade and Font.  Arcade had me thinking and in the end the image was quite simple - just arches drawn with a biro and then some distress ink smooshed on.
 The next photo shows Earrings; Periwinkle; Board Games and Lantern.  For the earrings, I looked at lots of earring images and decided to use the suffragette colours of white, green and purple.  White was for purity, green for hope and purple for loyalty and dignity. (Dignity and Hope are certainly things we could do with at the moment.  I was in the town centre this morning and it felt like social distancing had gone out of the window - all rather worrying.)
 I rather liked the earrings I had created for this Dina Wakley stamped face and decided to make some real ones, inspired by these.
Here they are  - white pearls, green fluorite hearts and amethyst rounds.  Women's voices are still not being heard around the world so this is my little token of support for them.

4 comments:

  1. And what a brilliant token it is.
    I wonder whether the Suffragettes realised that we would still need to be fighting their battles even now?
    Love all of the cards but this one has my vote today. And as an earringista (I am not going to admit how many I have) I love the earrings the card inspired too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I think the Suffragettes would be dismayed to find we haven't really moved that far forward for women around the world, and it has taken too long to get even where we are today.
      I am an earringista (great word!) too and have a lot... However, I have never heard anyone say "I have too many earrings!"
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Those earrings are beautiful Ellie. I had no idea that the suffragettes had colours to symbolise different things, I love what they chose and the words to go with them. Thank you for sharing this with us. Your cards are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. Yes, the colours were considered very carefully and were very appropriate. Their battles continue...
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete