Tuesday 21 July 2020

Index Card A Day (ICAD) - Week Seven


Here are my week seven ICADs.  Some of the prompts needed more consideration and the help of the internet.  I am still loving making these little pieces of art.  In the photo above there is Bloom; Unravel; Simplify.  Stencils and acrylic paint featured here, with inks and words.
Above there is Diagram; Pencil; Confetti or Glitter; Orchard.  Diagram was made using free graphic images from The Graphics Fairy, (this is a great resource for lots of vintage images that are useful for journaling or craft projects), inks and stamps. Pencil was Chris's idea and I used watercolour pencils for the background, then stamped B, 2B, 3B etc. on the top.  I couldn't possibly choose between confetti or glitter, so added them both onto that card. Orchard had me scratching my head, but with some help from the internet, I went for the names of trees usually to be found in an orchard.

6 comments:

  1. They are just lovely - and I am always, but always, blown away and delighted by your creativity.
    And, as a totally relevant aside, your felt sheep make me smile each and every time I go past them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. This is such an enjoyable challenge and creating something every day is a joy.
      So pleased to hear the sheep still make you smile.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. I too am in awe of your creativity, it is hard to do, seeing yours as well, but it would be interesting to work out what I would do for each of those words too. I love how this kind of thing is a reflection of how people think.

    I love diagram and pencil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sustainablemum. This challenge has shown me how much I love using different media and mixing it together too. I think Diagram was my favourite from this week.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. Again - so much variety! I don't know how you continue to come up with something different each time. That's a true talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. Some of the prompts have been easier than others and with some, the idea sprang into my head quickly. For others, I needed a bit of help from a thesaurus or the internet.
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete