Saturday 16 January 2021

Latest card makes


These are a few cards I made last year and one from this year.  Above is one I made for my sister's birthday.  It is a Woodware stamp designed by Jane Gill and I really like her designs.  I have amassed quite a collection!
This was for my good friend Alison's birthday, using Sizzix dies (my latest favourite!)
I use this 'happy' die a lot.  I like the font and the way the letters aren't straight.
Here's the 'happy' die again, taking centre stage this time.
The card was for my other sister and I gold embossed the flowers stamp and watercoloured the flowers, which was a lovely relaxing activity.
I added a few butterfly stamps to the back as well.
A card for my sister-in-law, using gilding flakes, sizzix leaf dies and an embossing folder to make the background.
Another embossing folder background with a leaf cut out of gold card and coloured with alcohol inks.
This panel was the second I made using the flower stamp and watercolouring the flowers. I haven't sent this one to anyone yet.
This one was using sizzix leaf dies and I coloured the panel behind.  This card was for a colleague at work who likes bright colours.
She also likes cats...my favourite stamp sets of the moment - Tim Holtz's 'Snarky Cats'. (I have got the Snarky Cats, Snarky Cats Hallowe'en and Snarky Cats Christmas. They appear quite often in my cards!)
Even the back of her card was given a Snarky Cat!
A new stencil enabled me to have a play with inks, for a birthday card for Chris.
A Snarky Cat appeared on the inside too...

...and on the back.  I added the little party hat from another stamp set.
Finally, here is my most recent card, for a friend's birthday last week.  Although the photo doesn't pick it up very well,  the pink panel is all glittery.  She loves pink, so I hope she liked it!

In other news. my art journaling/mixed media course is going well and I am really enjoying it.   I will share the first four pieces I have made in a future post. 

12 comments:

  1. All of these cards are definitely keepers. I have a birthday looming and snarky cat makes me smile. I definitely fall into the Snarky Cat (is there any other kind) 'sniff first' category. The owl is another favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. The Snarky Cats are really fun stamps to use and make me smile too. I am so pleased I managed to get the three sets. (There was another Christmas set, but that had a limited release and I couldn't get hold of it in the UK). The owl set stamps beautifully and gave a really good result. My card making has come on in leaps and bounds (but if you start with good products, you can't really go far wrong).
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
    2. You are SERIOUSLY underestimating your talents. Yes, the products help, but they don't themselves create anything.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, EC. I really appreciate your support. I get lots of ideas from watching youtube videos and TV and enjoy playing with my ever expanding stash. I have just received a set of 3D embossing folders and was having a play with one of them today. I love it!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  2. Ooooh Ellie, one card is prettier than the next. I love-love-love these. Great job!! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. I feel my cards have come a long way since I first started. I really enjoy making cards for specific people. There are so many techniques and products out there and I like to try them out.
      How is your Wanderlust course going? I think week three will be quite a challenge for me...
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful collection of cards, so many different techniques used and I like that you can tailor the cards to who they're for. Love those cats, and the owl is beautiful with the moon behind it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The cats are my favourite stamps at the moment and their snarky comments make me smile! I enjoy practising the different techniques and am always pleased when I can use what I have!
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  4. These cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and welcome, Debby. I am getting much more confident with my card making and love to make cards for specific people. (Some are easier to make for than others!)
      Best wishes
      Ellie

      Delete
  5. Gosh! the Owl in flight is wonderful. The whole collection is fabulous though. I can see you do indeed put a lot of thought into the creation of each card...that is awesome :-) Snarky cat is cheeky but fun. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Amanda. The owl in flight is a lovely stamp set and stamps out really well. I shall be making use of it again this year, I'm sure. I love those snarky cats!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete